Folding sleeping cots for adults have recently become one of the necessities of the people who are adventures and love to get out of their comfort zone and travel.
Cot beds for camping and the Best Rollaway Beds are quite handy for camping trips as well since no one likes to sleep either on the cold ground or on a single sheet.
People tend to avoid such trips solely because they are concerned about where they might sleep and how comfortable it will be.
As you sleep on an elevated surface, you do not have to face the heat or cold from the ground depending on the weather. It protects you from the creepy crawlers on the ground as well.
These cot beds for tents are even used in emergencies such as in the army. Of course, many people have them at home simply because they love having massive sleepovers.
Fun fact, these folding sleeping cots for adults don’t require that much space to store. You can have five and they’ll be tucked away nicely.
They provide the warmth and the comfort of a bed, even in the most distant places as they are very easy to carry around.
To add to that comfort, people tend to use camping pillows and foam mattresses. Many campers have started carrying light by using inflatable products like pillows and mattresses.
Of course, sleeping is not the only objective when you go camping, so it’s to use compact items so that you can have food, games, and enjoy music at ease.
What makes them even more attractive is the fact that they do not cost a fortune. You can find one of your favorite shape, size, and color at a very affordable price.
What are the Best Camping Cots
After carefully researching qualities such as comfort, affordability, mobility, and material, we have shortlisted few of the top picks of this year:
- Coleman Trailhead II Cot
- TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camp Cot
- Alpcour Folding Camping Cot
- BYER OF MAINE Easy Cot
- KingCamp Strong Stable Folding Camping Bed Cot
Reviews of the Best Folding Sleeping Cots for Adults
1- Coleman Trailhead II Cot
Increase your comfort level by leveling yourself off the ground when you sleep in a Coleman Trailhead II Cot.
It is based on a military design and will ensure that you sleep well in on whatever terrain and whichever season.
To hold some essentials like a cell phone or money, this cot is equipped with side pockets that work as a nightstand.
- It has a comfortable and body supportive design
- This Coleman cot holds up to 300 lbs
- It is highly durable because of the double crossbar steel frames
- It has an easy to assemble design and break down. It can also be folded and carried easily
- Overall Size: 75 x 35 x 17 in.
- Sleeping Area: 75 x 30 in.
- Comes at an affordable price
- Sturdy and durable
- Storage pockets amiable
- Easily portable as it weighs less.
- Easy construction
- The product could have been longer to adjust to taller people
2- TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camp Cot
This portable sleep system helps you avoid the discomfort of uneven and rocky surfaces while camping.
You are best to be well-rested so that you can enjoy your adventures ahead and that is only is possible if you have a goodnight’s sleep.
This portable cot bed for adults provides the comfort of a bed to the outdoors.
Add the TETON Sports Outfitter XXL Camp Pad to your purchase for a 5-star camping experience.
- Cot folds up to a compact 42″ x 12″ x 7″
- The pivot arm makes putting that last end bar in place quick and easy
- Supports up to 600 pounds
- Has a patented steel leg design
- Pack weight 26 pounds
- Durable canvas fabric suspends your weight from the frame
- This product can withstand a lot of pressure
- One person setup and takedown is quick and easy
- The sellers have an amazing customer service team if you have any questions or concerns
- Cot folds down for easy transport
- There is plenty of room on the best for the users to even toss and turn in their sleep
- As the features it provides are of better quality, it is slightly more expensive
- This product can be a bit of hassle to carry around
3-Alpcour Folding Camping Cot
The alpcour folding camping cot evolves your camping experience with its convenient features.
This camping cot is perfect for explorers, campers, and guests of any age because it is lightweight and can be used in a variety of ways.
It is made with a Heavy Duty, double layer fabric that is also breathable. It also comes with a head incline and a comfortable pillow that is designed exclusively for this bed.
The steel tubes, brackets, and the triangular structure can support approximately 300 lbs. It can also fit people as tall as 6’2”. The bed itself weighs 13 lbs.
- Surface Cot Size: 75″ L x 26″ W
- Weighing just 13 Lbs
- Texture: double layered 600D polyester
- This portable camping cot has a comfortable pillow and convenient side pockets to keep your valuables near you, they act as a sort of a nightstand
- Strong, Durable Steel Tube Frame & Joints Fold Up quickly and easily
- The alpcour camping cot is made with waterproof polyester and underside with water-resistant reinforced PVC to keep it still and keep it dry in the rain
- Has convenient shoulder straps for easy carrying
- Can accommodate one adult or two small children
- Easy to clean
- Allows cool air to circulate
- It helps you avoid dirt and insects
- It is very durable
- It is considerably expensive granted that it provides high-quality features
4- BYER OF MAINE Easy Cot
Byer of Maine Easy Cot is a camping bed that has been on the market for many years already.
Sturdy and reliable, this is a tool that has stood the test of the time.
The cot has been on the market for many years, and there is a huge amount of customers’ reports available on various sites.
The average rating by Amazon customers is quite extraordinary, 4.7/5
- It is very easy to set up and pull apart
- Cot dimensions are 78″L X 31″W X 18”H
- High enough to both keep you off the ground to avoid insects, dirt, and stones
- This cot is very strong and holds up to 330lbs.
- It welded steel for the legs and 600 deniers polyester five-panel reinforced fabric
- It comes with a carry bag with shoulder strap makes transportation easy.
- It is cost-efficient
- It is wide enough for a full-sized adult
- It is made of durable materials
- It has great size as well
5- KingCamp Strong Stable Folding Camping Bed Cot
KingCamp Folding Camping Bed Cot with a storage bag is a collapsible lightweight tool with a head incline, a great design, and an equally great price tag.
It is suitable for home and outdoor use at places with car access.
With high strength aluminum tubes bracket and triangle structure design, the bed is firm, at the same time fundamentally solves the problem of structural stability.
It does not require any tools to set up, which is certainly a positive point.
- Sleep comfortably without pillows as the angle of the top flanges
- Supports up to 265 lbs
- Surface 74.8” × 26.8.”
- Cot Height 15” and Head Height 18.9”
- Heavy duty and portable camping cot is perfect for adults or children
- Easy to set up and fold down as well
- Comes with a storage bag
- It has storage pockets which can help you store valuables near
- Thickened aluminum tubes frame and triangle structure design
- It comes with an easy to carry bag
- It has an excellent design
- The following product is very easy to use
- It is slightly expensive as it offers a variety of features
- It isn’t wide enough
- It doesn’t lay out perfectly flat
Are Folding Sleeping Cots for Adults Comfortable to Sleep on?
You will most certainly not find the same comfort level on a cot as compared to your bed in your cozy bedroom given that there is no familiarity with this surface, but these camping cot salesmen assure you that your sleep would be quite the contented one.
It depends on the buyer’s height and weight to see which cot suits their needs the best.
When you have ample space, your sleep would be a more relaxing one.
The ideal fabric for a camping cot must be easy to wash and comfortable to sleep on; for example, nylon and polyester.
Cots made of canvas material are certainly more durable but can be quite scratchy. Of course, the choice depends on your priority: comfort or durability.
A lot of people might not find a cot comfortable to sleep on as it is only a cloth wrapped around the railing as compared to their beds which is a strong structure fitted with a 4 to 6 inches think foam mattress.
There is an alternative route for them to take; they can lay down a foldable mattress on the cot set up to make it cozier but on the contrary, it increases the luggage you have to carry.
What adds to the comfort of a folding cot with a mattress is the length of these cots.
They are much longer than beds at home at the max size they work with is 6 inches and 2 feet. It’s easy to spread yourself out and lie easy on these portable beds.
Finally, their main purpose is to elevate you from the ground, allow air to circulate and prevent the discomfort of sleeping on the floor or in open spaces whereby sleeping on the ground you are prone to be attacked by insects.
What Should I look for When Buying a Folding Cot?
No one wishes to experience inconvenience if their cots break down the middle of their adventures which is why it is best to check how durable the cots are.
If you are going to purchase it in person, ask the salesman to lay down all the features before you.
Try it once to see if it can support your body weight without wear and tear.
However, if you are purchasing it online, look up for reviews of people speaking about the product’s durability.
Make sure you purchase it from a trustworthy website like amazon where the seller may have a return policy because if the product doesn’t work out for you, you can return it and something else.
It is the frame of Coleman Sleeping cots that elevates you from the ground and provides and stable system for you to sleep without falling.
Most recommended frames are steel ones with a cross angel as they are easy to assemble and can support the body on it.
The frame needs to firm in gripping itself to the ground so that your tossing and turning doesn’t move the cot around.
Aluminum is also material for making frames.
Aluminum is lighter than steel, but steel is more durable and can withstand higher weights.
There are a few qualities of the covering of the cots that need to be kept in mind.
They need to be soft, washable and not irritate the user.
The most recommended material is either polyester or nylons since they tick all three of the boxes above but aren’t the most durable.
For durability, there is the canvas, but it uncomfortable.
To not get discomforted by canvas, you can lay a foldable mattress on top, but that only adds to your luggage on your trips.
You don’t want to reach your destination and spend half your time setting up your bed and taking it apart, so ease of assembly is important.
It shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to go through both of the processes.
Folding sleeping cots for adults with cross legs are not that easy to work with until you have some experience.
As a beginner, it is recommended that you buy cots with U shaped legs. However, they are better suited for indoor uses as compared to outdoors.
They are not as durable as those with cross-legged frame.
This factor is by far a factor of utmost importance because the features will not matter as long as you do not have the product.
Most of these beds can fall into a compact size and place inside bags which are given by the retailer.
Some bags even have shoulder straps, and you can easily carry it like a backpack.
This reason is why they need to lightweight as they are complementary factors. The product needs to be light to carried easily from location to location.
Never trust only the word of the seller as they will always have a bias outlook since they need to sell their product.
Before making decisions, it is best to look up which product is the most suited to your needs.
After that, look over the internet for trustworthy reviews and whatever the majority agrees on is your answer.
How Much Do Folding Sleeping Cots for Adults Weigh?
It should be given because these cots need to be mobile that they weigh less.
This efficiently designed cot weighs 13 pounds but can support up to 300 pounds.
It’s a great choice for campers of any age or size.
If there are multiple people on the trip, it is more efficient to have 1 or 2 larger cots rather than multiple single ones such as the alpcour folding camp cot which can accommodate up to 2 children.
Cots made with a steel frame are heavier on an average as compared cots made of aluminum.
Aluminum is a lightweight material, so this should be no surprise. However, steel is definitely more durable and rustproof as compared to aluminum.
What is the Size of a Folding Sleeping Cot?
The average size of a cot bed is 28 inches to 30 inches.
Around 24 to 26 inches is considered narrow and isn’t as comfortable whereas 32 to 43 inches is a wide, large size Cot bed which might be good for two people to share.
The size sold in the market varies to a seller to seller and what they consider to be small medium and large, but these are the average sizes used internationally.
Narrow cots fit in the widest variety of tents, but may only be comfortable for small or trim campers.
A 36″ cot will take up a lot of real-estate inside a tent. Campers should make sure to have enough tents for these cots. Campers might ask why 26″ is considered Narrow.
This is because many adults, male, leisure campers find regular cots to be a bit narrow fit for sleeping and will prefer a larger cot.
A cot is however, tend to be longer than a bed.
A bed has a thick mattress to elevate the occupant above the frame. Folding sleeping cots for adults only have a sling hung directly on the frame, and, if the frame is not large enough, the rails can be a major nuisance.